Data Science Associate – Marketing
Web Summit is a global technology conference company based in Dublin, Ireland. It runs a series of international gatherings across the world. Its flagship event is Web Summit, held in Lisbon. In less than 6 years Web Summit has grown from a small team to a company of over 130 focused on disrupting the conference industry through technology and data science. In 2016 nearly 100,000 startups, investors, speakers and other attendees gathered at Web Summit events, including Collision in the US and RISE in Hong Kong.
About the team
Our growth has largely been propelled due to our data science team and the application of network science. We’re a technology company, building software that is helping us launch, scale and improve conferences at an ever-increasing pace all over the world. We apply data science to every aspect of our events, from lead generation to recommender systems to seating plans. Now we’re building a computational advertising platform to apply these same methods to marketing.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
Innovative advertising is an integral part of what we do. It’s how we spread the word of our events, and keep attendees informed and engaged. As part of the advertising team you will work with our data scientists, working on developing our in-house advertising platform. You will also work closely with our content team to develop campaigns and help them tell stories. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with strong technical skills and a creative way of thinking.
Who you are:
- You are looking to kick start a career in the field of data science.
- You have experience in data mining or collection, as well as data analysis and visualisation.
- You are familiar with top social platforms and their users, media and industry trends.
- You are a self starter who is both creative and analytical.
- You’re a deft strategic planner and are capable of mapping and executing complex customer journeys.
- You’re naturally curious and want to experiment with new ideas all the time.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in digital marketing, business analytics or business information systems
- OR a bachelor’s or master’s in a quantitative field (mathematics, engineering or science) with some knowledge of marketing or social media.
- Demonstrated numeracy and analytical skills, with fluency in either MS Excel or Google Sheets.
- A passion for acquiring new skills and independent learning.
- Experience working with data and making sense of complex databases.
Awesome if you have:
- Any elementary programming experience, preferably Python.
- Knowledge of any photo or video editing software.
- Knowledge of any key social network platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram), Google Adwords or Google Analytics.
- Experience delivering marketing campaigns from conception to success.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.