The Data Security Analyst is a member of the Paddy Power Betfair security team, reporting to the Data Security Manager.
The role has global responsibility for helping to operate and improve the Data Security Services which are split into the following areas Data Loss Prevention, Identity & Access Management, Digital Forensics / eDiscovery and Operational Customer Security. This role encompasses working with a team of data security specialists that oversee and ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability Paddy Power Betfair data.
The successful candidate should expect occasional travel to Dublin/London and our near shore locations in Cluj and Porto (not more than 10%).
• Work with the security team to manage and run the Paddy Power Betfair Data Loss Prevention program
• Participate in the oversight of the internal identity management process
• Engage in the implementation and expansion of the IDM solution within Paddy Power Betfair
• Analyse, influence and drive the implementation of end user computer controls across laptops, desktops and mobile devices
• Develop data security standards and procedures
• Work with the wider security team to ensure data security controls are implemented and maintain on the Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution and legacy platforms
• Participating in projects internal and external to the security team to assess them from a data security perspective and define appropriate requirements
• Collaborate with infrastructure security to ensure the Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) platform is receiving and correlating pertinent information
• Continually seek solutions to identify, manage and eradicate data security issues within Paddy Power Betfair
• Support the provision of the digital forensic service
• Build and maintain strong and positive relationship with key stakeholders across the organisation
• Support compliance and regulatory initiatives and requirements such as PCI DSS, UKGC, and other regional compliance
• Work with the technology risk function to ensure identified threats and risks are captured and recorded in line with our risk management policy, procedures and standards
• Consolidate and report relevant metrics and related key performance indicators (KPIs) and key risk indicators (KRIs) as and when required
• Collaborate with other security teams and teams outside of the security function
• Strong technical knowledge of technologies relating to DLP, IDM and digital Forensics
• Strong willingness to cross train technical skills
• Strong understanding of data security controls required for Online and Corporate environments
• Show leadership within the security team by displaying energy and enthusiasm for the data security discipline
• Technical expert who can define data security standards and controls
• Excellent verbal and writing communications skills with the ability to modify style to influence technical and business stake holders
• Disciplined and logical thinker, with the ability to draw conclusions from large and complex data sets
• Delivery driven with a sensible attitude to risk
• Awareness of ISO 27001, PCI and other regulatory compliance standards such as UKGC and Data Protection.
• Prior experience working in a data security role e.g. Access Governance, Digital Forensics or DLP
Commercial acumen: Knows how the business works and how the organisation makes money and stays competitive. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation. Articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value.
Ability to drive change: Talks about the future possibilities in a positive way
Creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision
Articulates the vision in a way everyone can relate to. Creates organisation wide energy and optimism for the future
Business engagement and relationship management: Works cooperatively and partners with other across the organisation to get work done. Uses knowledge of business drivers to guide actions
In February 2016, Paddy Power and Betfair merged to form one of the largest online betting operators in the world: Paddy Power Betfair plc. The merger propelled the enlarged group into the FTSE 50.
The Paddy Power brand boasts an international multi-channel betting and gaming group. The Paddy Power brand is widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. The Betfair brand is famous for Innovation. Betfair pioneered the betting exchange in 2000 – a product which altered the landscape of the sports betting industry.
Today, Paddy Power Betfair is a force to be reckoned with. We have a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.