The purpose of the role is to support the PR Manager and the CEO to create and implement campaign initiatives in line with ISPCA PR objectives. The role includes the coordination of digital media content for the ISPCA’s online platforms to maximise supporter engagement and continual optimisation.
- Ensure that all campaigns and communications are in line with the ISPCA Strategic Framework 2016 – 2020.
- Research, plan and coordinate ISPCA campaign material in line with agreed plans and approved timelines for digital platforms.
- Identify relevant advocacy opportunities at local, national and European level liaising with Eurogroup for Animals during ISPCA membership for content and in collaboration with the PR Manager and the CEO.
- Create and upload regular, engaging content for ISPCA digital platforms (website, facebook, twitter, Instagram and e-zines, youtube, google+) and maximising google grant adwords.
- Monitor and regular evaluation of campaigns ensuring effective activities.
- Working cross-functionally as required, communicating various departments about upcoming campaigns and sourcing copy/images.
- Supporting the PR manager and assisting with events and photo calls when required.
- Ensure compliance with the data protection, maintaining confidentiality and following ISPCA policies and procedures including health and safety at all times.
- Monitoring of animal welfare online activity.
- Assisting in other duties, administrative support and occasional work out-of-hours and at weekends as necessary to provide effective support when required.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline required
- Experience in digital marketing necessary using social media channels and monitoring tools.
- Experience using Google Ad Words, Google analytics etc.
- Extensive experience with email marketing and using CRM systems.
- Knowledge of Adobe photoshop or other comparable editing software for photo, video and graphic design an advantage.
- Other areas include event coordination, copy writing, proof reading, report gathering and analysis, multimedia and web mastering skills.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills and extensive experience using CRM database e.g. ThankQ, digital analytics tools and metrics e.g. ROI, CTR, Bounce Rates, Unique visits, Ranking etc.
- Ability to write short and concise copy within ISPCA style and guidelines and the ability to spot a ‘good story/opportunity’.
- Knowledge of animal welfare issues and keen interest in the work of the ISPCA.
- Strong communication with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent assertive skills are essential with ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to liaise with staff members at all levels.
- Working effectively as part of a team and the ability to also work on own initiative.
- Flexibility is required involving occasional weekend work attending events, attending shows and exhibitions and occasional late evenings.
- Ability to travel within Ireland and EU if required.
- Full clean Driver’s License required.
Candidates should apply by emailing a current CV with a covering letter in confidence by clicking on the Apply button quoting ref: DMC0317. Please outline how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the person specification for this role.
The ISPCA is Ireland’s largest national animal welfare charity, and represents 19 affiliated member societies across Ireland. Together the ISPCA and our members, rescue, rehabilitate and responsibly rehome thousands of animals of many different types each year. Our role is to prevent cruelty to animals, to promote animal welfare and to pro-actively relieve animal suffering.