Digital Marketing Manager
Sportdec is a new, exciting company combining sports live scores, stats, real money and social gaming into a single user platform. Our product focuses on bringing the best mobile experience to the sports-mad fan. We are achieving this by using fast and iterative development, to deliver our hybrid iOS and Android apps (built in React Native), combined with substantial and sustainable acquisition.
As our Digital Marketing Manager, you will play a key role in our user acquisition and brand positioning. You will manage the paid marketing channels and you will lead the content production both on our blog/app and across social media channels. You will also manage our customer retention, by using paid campaigns and CRM actions.
If you’re a lateral thinker, with a strong understanding of online user behavior, if you have a deep understanding of the main digital advertising platforms and you are a box-to-box midfield dynamo, then we want to speak to you.
What you get to do every day in the role:
- Develop the digital marketing strategy and budget in collaboration with the Finance department.
- Manage the day-to day paid activity. Planning and implementing campaigns across all the paid platforms.
- Analysing the results of paid and not paid activities, identifying trends and insight and optimise the following campaigns accordingly.
- Reporting the results of the paid and not paid acquisition activity.
- Set up Analytics, Tag Manager, search and display campaigns, Social Media campaigns.
- Write and dispatch email marketing campaigns; monitor campaign results.
- Manage the contact database and increase subscriptions through web-marketing initiatives.
- Identify and capitalise on new online media opportunities in mobile, social media, and video.
- Ensure a consistent multi-channel approach .
- Leading the content strategy both for the sport news website and the social media channels.
- Measure, report on and continuously improve the performance of the digital marketing strategy.
- Managing onboarding communication with new and returning users in order to improve the customer engagement and minimise the churn.
- Writing ads and CRM communication copies.
Technology Skills & Experience
- Completed a qualification in Marketing at 3rd level OR minimum 3 year of experience.
- Proven knowledge & success with mobile marketing paid channels (mainly Facebook and Adwords), with experience using a mobile acquisition analytics tool being an advantage
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel and Pivot tables.
- Strong digital copywriting skills.
- Knowledge of CMS platforms like WordPress.
- Experience in building and delivering mobile CRM programmes, ideally via Intercom or other relevant tools
- Proficient user of Google Analytics and the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
Personal & Interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, start-up, iterative environment;
- Self-starter and ability to take ownership of projects;
- Must be able to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with close collaboration with other departments;
- Critical thinker who likes problem solving, and analytical skills;
- Essential verbal communication skills – be able to present and explain data trends in a clear way, to business stakeholders;
- Detail-oriented, motivated, self-starter who can work without supervision;
- Sports fan, with an additional interest in recreational betting preferred.
Sportdec is the ultimate sports companion app for sports fans, delivering the best of sport in one place.
- Be the fastest, most reliable sports app for live events – real-time scores and notifications, match events, in-play real money and social games, and live feeds.
- Entertain and excite fans in the build-up to live events – unique content for reading, watching and listening, team news, match updates, pre-match games, pre-match gaming and prediction.
- Inform and reward fans in the aftermath of live events – match results, stats, game wins and prediction rewards, and fan banter.