Digital and Marketing Strategist
(Ref. No.019058 )
Responsible for all works carried out under the group in relation to strategic and digital marketing and the presentation of that data to RIKON clients where applicable.
Title: Digital and Marketing Strategist (Ref. No.019058 )
Department: Management & Organisation- RIKON- WIT
Commencement Date: Immediately
Contract Duration: Contract to 1st May 2018
Reporting to: Commercial Research Manager at RIKON-WIT.
RIKON are Ireland’s leading Service Innovation Centre located in Waterford Institute of Technology. Through our be-spoke service innovation models and methodologies, the RIKON team will assist you and your organisation to develop new strategies and innovative solutions that will deliver clear and distinctive advantages over your competitors.
Our innovative methodologies are rooted in extensive field research, partnerships and collaborations with our international network of service innovation centres and innovation research professionals.
In addition to our work with the private sector, RIKON is heavily involved in academia and government policy. Core researchers in the Centre have published in a wide variety of books, refereed journals and leading international conferences.
The Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for the successful development and management of the marketing strategy for RIKON and our clients. The role requires a trendsetter, an innovator and a progressive critical thinker that can integrate both off-line and on-line marketing based initiatives that will enhance the experience of the intended target audience and enhance the competitive position for the client. RIKON’s Digital and Marketing Strategist must be capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, managing client interactions, scoping projects, executing the brief and comfortable making decisions. This is a strategic consulting position focused on enabling and improving strategic marketing initiatives in our client’s companies. Critical to the role of Digital & Marketing Strategist is the capability to plan, execute and finalise multiple projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and 3rd party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. This Strategist will also define the projects objectives and oversee quality control throughout the Business Research and Business Strategy section in RIKON. Travel will also form part of the role and a full clean driving licence is required.
The position of Digital Marketing Strategist is a key position in establishing an institute-wide framework for the on-going applied research at RIKON. The role will involve:
As a Digital Marketing Strategist you will be responsible for all works carried out under the group in relation to strategic and digital marketing and the presentation of that data to RIKON clients where applicable.
- Leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope by designing and delivering digital marketing strategies for RIKON Clients.
- Managing multiple projects and reporting outcomes to third parties in a professional manner.
- Perform digital marketing assessment techniques and consultancy that will help companies stay ahead in the product/customer innovation.
- Assessing and understanding the clients target audiences, where they are active online to recommending digital programs to reach and engage these audiences using the following skillset/ tools: SEO, PPC, Social Media, Email marketing, Mobile marketing, Analytics, Content Management/Marketing and Marketing Automation.
- Manage and understand customer data and data sources including its architecture in relation to digital marketing strategy for RIKON clients.
- Proactively keep abreast of assigned clients’ marketing and media plans, and provide technological solutions including rich media, site analytics and tactical plans.
- Utilise multiple media resources to gather industry relevant data to assist in digital and marketing strategy creation for the group and its clients.
- Keep abreast of new technologies/trends and innovation techniques and how they might solve technical or business problems in the digital marketing space.
- Identify, research, and where needed, adopt new technologies and products for the digital and marketing arena in RIKON.
- The analysis of data to develop possible solutions, and make a recommendation to the clients at a consultancy level.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of effective copy for website and digital marketing campaigns internally for RIKON.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of effective data driven digital campaigns (Display, Search & Social) for RIKON.
- Develop and manage effective search marketing programs both PPC & SEO to maximise visibility and rankings for RIKON.
The digital marketing strategist will also be required to assist the commercial manager in securing funding for the group in relation to but not limited to innovation vouchers, innovation partnerships, European funds etc.
A thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc. and their impact on projects activities is vital to be successful in this role.
A level 8 qualification in Business Studies, Computing, Marketing or related discipline with a minimum requirement (2.2 or above); a master’s degree in business or related discipline is an added advantage.
Experience Requirements: at least 2 years of full-time experience in the field of Digital Marketing or Marketing Strategy is necessary; in addition, experience for any of the following is an added advantage;
- Management and consultancy experience
- Strong research capabilities
Digital Marketing strategist must possess strong analytical skills, creativity, and communication skills to persuade clients to take their proposed course of action.
A level 8 qualification in Business Studies, Computing, Marketing or related discipline with a minimum requirement (2.2 or above);
Master’s degree is an added advantage.
At least 2 years of full-time experience in the field of Digital Marketing, Marketing Strategy.
Management and consultancy experience.
Strong Research capabilities.
Specific knowledge and skills
Digital Marketing Skills to include:
- SEO specialist.
- PPC executive/specialist
- Social media expert
- Email marketing
- Mobile marketing.
- Content management/marketing.
- Marketing automation
Designing and delivering marketing strategies with a creative flair.
Strong Interpersonal, communication, analytical, organisational skills are paramount in this role including written, verbal and presentation skills.
Flexible approach and able to prioritise workload.
Pragmatic approach to problem solving and strategic development for company growth.
Experience in strategic development activities.
Experience with the government funding process is an asset.
Excellent project management and reporting ability.
Excellent computer skills, proficient with all MS office applications and web browsers & Online Data collection platforms.
Capabilities to develop and present systems architecture and relevant data.
Specific Personal Qualities
Excellent organisational and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work well with people.
Proven track record in achieving performance-related goals.
Salary: €33,950- €44,297 PA
Closing date of advert: 16.00 on Thursday, 18th May 2017
Applicants must submit a CV and covering letter via email. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please address to Ms. Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519. Please note that hard copy will not be accepted.
At a minimum candidates must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a hard copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
This post is subject to Garda Vetting.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.