Digital Marketing/Social Media Intern
The Johnstown Estate is where Georgian splendour meets modern day luxury. The 1750’s Georgian Rural Residence is set on 120 acres of parkland, overlooking the river Blackwater nestled between the villages of Johnstownbridge and Enfield. The Estate includes 126 spectacular bedrooms, 40 self-catering luxury lodges, a state of the art conference centre with seating up to 650 delegates and an elegant wedding venue with restored gardens. The Estate is also home to Ireland’s premier Spa Resort and Leisure Club with a 20-metre pool and state of the art Gym Facility. Additionally, the Estate is home to the FIRE & SALT Restaurant, set in the original Georgian Manor House.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a Social Media Intern to work specifically with our Digital Marketing team. You will work on our social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage, retain them and increase direct website bookings. This role would suit a motivated individual, complemented with good organisational skills, ability to set priorities, be flexible and adaptable in a fast changing environment. This role could also suit a student who is currently pursuing a digital marketing qualification who would like to gain some practical experience. The role is for 2-3 days a week.
· Manage the hotel’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
· Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content.
· Create email shots on a monthly basis.
· Create, maintain and execute a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule.
· Set up necessary reporting across all social media activities.
Familiarity with the following programmes an advantage:
· Sprout Social, MailChimp, Google Analytics & Adobe Photoshop.
· Proficient in English (must be able to proofread copy destined for public consumption).
· Proven ability to grow a brand’s social media presence.
· Attention to detail and a flair for creative writing.
If you wish to apply or enquire about this position, click Apply to send your cover letter and CV to HR Manager, Barbara Poynton.