We’re on the lookout for a talented digital marketing assistant to join the team and help us deliver on a marketing plan which is designed to build awareness of EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum as the country’s main cultural and educational destination.
Your goal will be to help us continually improve our online presence and grow our visitor base both nationally and internationally.
This is a hands-on role that will suit a self-starter, keen to get involved with what we do, able to communicate effectively and willing to tackle a range of digital tasks.
Responsibilities of Digital Marketing Assistant include:
• Assisting with the management of our multiple social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and any other relevant channels. This will include scheduling of posts, daily interaction and management of customer enquiries
• Ensuring that EPIC’s online presence is maintained and updated regularly on all tourism, visitor attraction and travel trade websites
• Monitoring website traffic and conversion rates on a daily basis
• Reporting, analysing and interpreting statistical and web data using variety of native and 3rd party tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Data Studio, Facebook Insights)
• Carrying out effective market research for possible digital marketing opportunities
• Assisting with the production of weekly and monthly marketing reports
• On-site activation of digital and social activity including VR engagement, filming for social media and photography
• Assisting with the organisation of events held at EPIC and/or external trade shows
• Keeping up-to-date with current digital trends and suggesting new ideas to enhance the digital strategy
• Administrative or other marketing support to assist with the efficient running of the marketing department
• Display flexibility as some evening and weekend hours may be required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position
• Third level qualification, degree level or higher, in a marketing related discipline
• Strong knowledge of CMS and popular online tools like WordPress, Eventbrite, Google Analytics, Google Adwords and Active Campaign
• Results orientated with a strong analytical mindset and strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication and IT skills, report-writing and organisational skills
• Fluent English essential
• Experience creating videos and images with a variety of software tools
• An interest in arts, culture and heritage and knowledge of the national and regional tourism industry is an advantage.
We will get back to all successful candidates as soon as we have reviewed all applicants to arrange interview. Closing date for applications is Wednesday 2nd May 2018.
To view the full job description and complete our online application click ‘Apply for Job’.
About EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum is an interactive experience located in Dublin city centre. It will guide you to uncover the dramatic and inspiring stories of the Irish who travelled the world, from early times to the modern day. The world’s only fully digital museum features 1500 years of Irish history and relives some of the greatest achievements in music, literature, sport, politics, fashion and science.