Global Digital Marketing Manager
This role will manage the global digital agenda for their portfolio of brands with a broader remit for content and media. This will be a key role to support the digital transformation agenda in the realm of content, connections and media, working directly with their brand teams to develop connections ecosystems, support strategy development and implement campaigns with a focus on digital enablement and channel integration. This role would suit a Digital Marketing Manager or Marketing Manager from a fast-paced brand team or an agency side person with strong digital, content & media experience looking to make the move client side.
- Supported by the Senior Content and Connections Manager and the Head of Content and Connections, provide guidance and support to Global Brand Teams to craft the digital marketing and media strategy and develop the brands’ connections ecosystems.
- Support the development and implementation of critical digital transformation initiatives. This will include media, connections planning, content strategy and development, data and analytics.
- Lead specific digital or capability initiatives, identified as part of the overarching team strategy and work-plan or driven by specific brand team requirements.
- Manage and lead the social media strategy including content creation, distribution & amplification.
- Drive best practise strategy and activation within core brand teams. This will include ensuring that brand plans are integrated across channels, that Content Strategies and best practice delivery are in place, that a balance is achieved between the creativity of plans and their rational analytical support, and driving continuous improvement.
- Champion the media and communications innovation agenda. This will include providing thought leadership around future digital trends and opportunities that could be used to deliver competitive advantage.
- Continually raise the profile of the team within and outside the organization. This will include hosting capability sessions, creating best practice documentation and representing the team at external industry events.
- Support the development of constructive media and digital agency partner relations (agency and vendor) to provide WGS with brand opportunities and a future facing outlook. This will include contributing to agency reviews and performance audits to support the ambition.
- Contribute to the identification of key requirements/ projects and vendors such as Data Management Platforms or their equivalents, Content Management systems, product Information Systems, media personalisation solutions and a Digital Trading Model, promoting the principles of data strategy and practical application.
- This role will also include some travel
- 5-7 years’ strong digital marketing and media planning capabilities and experience understanding its future possibilities especially with regards to data strategy & application.
- Digital media agency or fast-paced brand team background with strong digital, content & media experience.
- Global experience very desirable and being able to recognise differences and opportunities in both developed and emerging markets.
- Spirits industry knowledge and experience very desirable
- Proven ability to drive connections planning to deliver brand and business results in many markets.
- Broad understanding of all areas covered by the C&E team (Influencer/ Media/ PR/ Brand Ambassador/ eCommerce/Advocacy).
- Experience of best practice content & creative across communications channels
- Some understanding of agency practice & pricing (media & fees)
- Strong analytical skills: ability to read and interpret brand & business diagnostics to make actionable conclusions, to be able to constructively question conclusions of partner agencies where appropriate (eg on brand health, competitive reviews etc).
- Strong integrity and sociability skills to effectively manage and develop relationships with global partners.
- Ability to inspire others and drive change
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and curiosity to effectively maintain internal and external relationships.
- Adaptable to changing markets whilst having the drive and resilience to succeed
- Highly agile and able to adapt within an ever-evolving digital and industry landscape
For further information please contact Joan Fahey on 01 690 9718