Graduate Android Developer
In July 2015 the Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group, the Oslo listed international media group and leading player within online marketplaces globally, announced the establishment of a combined business, Distilled SCH. Distilled SCH owns the three highly successful Irish online marketplaces DoneDeal.ie Daft.ie and Adverts.ie.
DoneDeal (based in the South East) are seeking a Graduate Android Developer who is up-to-date with current Android technologies and trends, has a passion for creating great Android experiences and will thrive in a fun, fast paced and challenging environment.
The role involves:
- Building and maintaining new features for DoneDeals Android application.
- Building high quality, lean interfaces that provide a great UX.
- Ensuring our codebase is clean and scalable.
- Working with other like minded developers as part of an Agile team.
- Working closely with our product, design, QA and platform service teams.
- Growing your knowledge of the Android platform.
- You will have graduated from a BSc in Computer Science or other related Degree course.
- You will have experience developing Android applications.
- You must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- You will be familiar with Android technologies.
- You must share our passion for Android development.
- You must be enthusiastic and have a willingness to learn
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- 21 days holidays per year, plus an additional days leave per year of service (up to a maximum of 25 days)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Fully paid VHI Health Insurance
- The opportunity to work with one of Ireland’s largest Internet companies.
- A fast-paced, challenging and fun working environment.
- You will get the opportunity to work on projects that are exciting where developers are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
- You will be given a chance to make a significant contribution to our future technical direction.
If you have a GitHub account, have contributed to open source projects, have a personal project of which you’re particularly proud or are currently getting neck-deep in a new tech about which you’re really excited, tell us all about it in your cover letter!