The International New Markets Business Development Manager will be responsible for the expansion of CarGurus into new markets. The Business Development Manager will have full responsibility for creating the overall strategic, market development and operational plans, partnering with internal Sales, Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to expand the growth of CarGurus business into new country markets.
The leader will also be responsible for establishing commercial relationships with third party organizations and assessing the opportunity for strategic partnerships. For a self-starting entrepreneur, experienced in strategic and operational planning, with global vision, this is a once-in-a-career opportunity.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop strategic plan and market analysis to determine prioritization of country rollouts, then build operating plans to implement successfully
- Identify and procure necessary partnerships with third party data vendors to assure successful launch of new country sites
- Work with Engineering/Product and Marketing teams to identify customer requirements, develop, and execute go to market plans
- Identify, prospect, execute, and cultivate partnership with key car inventory syndication partners critical to initial launch of new site same as first-combine
- Work cross functionally with sales, marketing, engineering, finance, and legal to assure smooth launch and growth of new country business
- Assess opportunities for strategic partnership to speed market penetration and operating results
Who You Are:
- International business management experience
- Strategic planning, market and financial analysis and operational skill sets
- Go-to-Market experience in either product, marketing, sales capacity
- Business partnership experience establishing critical product and operational needs for market offerings. Strategic partnership/M&A experience a plus
- Direct P&L management experience in growing businesses
- Outstanding collaboration skills. Experience working with senior leaders in cross-functional business units (engineering, product, marketing, business development, sales) to innovate quickly and effectively build operating plans to scale growth
- Extremely high-energy, positive attitude and relationship-building ability
- Team player, partner in cross-functional organizations
- MBA, 3-5 years work experience
- Fluent in German
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.