United Drug provides healthcare logistics to pharmacies and hospitals, ensuring the
right products are delivered to the right people at the right time, at the right price. With a majority market share, we’re proud to be the largest pharmaceutical wholesaler in the Republic of Ireland, providing time-critical deliveries of pharmaceutical and consumer health products to retail and hospital pharmacies throughout the state. We also specialise in pre-wholesale, providing contract distribution and other services to pharmaceutical, consumer health, and animal health manufacturers in Ireland. The company was acquired in Q1 2016 by McKesson (#5 on Fortune 500, and the 5th highest
revenue generating company in the United States) and it is entering into an exciting time, which will give the successful candidate significant opportunity to develop their career.
Reporting to the UDC Marketing Manager with a dotted line through to the Viviscal Sales Business Manager at CHD.
- Set up, develop and implement a full brand training programme for the Viviscal brand.
- Work with Pemberton Sales/Marketing teams to specifically assist in the introduction and ongoing brand training of the Viviscal brand.
- Work with UDC/CHD UK Customer Marketing/ Marketing teams to ensure best use of ATL & BTL support for the Viviscal brand.
- Attend all relevant exhibitions and haircare functions to represent the Viviscal brand in Ireland.
- Manage the PR function for the Viviscal brand working with the CHD team.
- Support the UDG/CHD UK Customer Marketing/ Marketing teams to ensure best use of ATL & BTL support for all CHD brands.
- Ensure commercial goals of the brands are met.
- Deliver turnover and profit of brand in line with budget expectations.
- Build relationships with other commercial functions, Key Account Managers and Sales Managers.
- Secure maximum and appropriate distribution of brands in the market place.
- Liaise with and act as main point of contact with principal. Manage CHD business relationship on day to day basis.
- Measurement- monitor and evaluate success of marketing initiatives-during and post campaign – recommend corrective action where necessary. Track sales performance versus target and propose corrective action/ gap-fill initiatives when necessary.
- Manage pricing and brand margin.
- Degree or equivalent in Sales / Marketing discipline
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience required in commercial marketing role within an FMCG / Pharmacy model with a knowledge and understanding of social media and digital marketing.
- Field sales experience. Face to face customer engagement.
- Training experience.
- Positive Professional, dynamic, engaging, enthusiastic, driven, interested, challenging, energetic, motivated, results driven, flexible, reliable, inspirational, passionate and self-assured.
- A professional who embodies United Drug Consumer values of honesty, accuracy and integrity.
- Can work as part of a team, making a considerable added value contribution.
- Responsive to changing market needs.
- Excellent planning skills.
- A hands-on attitude to achieving results combined with project management and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good analytical skills and experience of managing budgets.
- Strong commercial focus and financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to influence others.
- Experience of working cross functionally.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage multiple projects.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office particularly word, excel and PowerPoint.
- This role is both office and field based nationwide.
- Must be able to work beyond normal hours when required.
- Must be able to travel.
- Weekend trade shows, consumer fairs and conferences.