Chartered Accountants Ireland designs and delivers a comprehensive programme of training and career supports for members and other professionals including conferences, one day courses, online courses, qualifications and career advice, throughout the entire island of Ireland. This role directs and co-ordinates the marketing activities for the organisation’s member services to ensure it effectively markets itself internally and externally, on time and within budget.
This hands-on role will be central in the implementation of a new vision for professional development under our ‘Strategy 2020’. In the team, every staff member has a sales responsibility. The Marketing Manager will work with colleagues in achieving their revenue targets and will be jointly accountable for these.
So we are looking for a real team player with creative ideas, smart insights and implementation, and entrepreneurial
spirit who can foster a spirt of cooperation ensuring the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Reporting to: The role will report to the Manager of the Specialist Qualifications & Professional Development and will collaborate with the centralised marketing team.
Duties & responsibilities of the role,although not confined to;
- Taking a strategic view to design and implement a cohesive customer/member centric annual plan in support of ‘Strategy 2020’ goals. Combining digital and off-line marketing campaigns to increase sales and enhance overall business performance. This should evolve our premium brand, generate quality inbound sales enquiries and high levels of member engagement.
- Create or proactively source news and content from the team and beyond, and promote this internally and externally, sourcing and availing of opportunities across a range of media.
- Contribute daily to social media channels, website and email campaigns to ensure an integrated approach to all marketing campaigns.
- Maximise exposure and value for money, dentifying PR opportunities and coordinating related activities such
promotional events, conferences, seminars, open evenings and exhibitions.
- Write, organise and manage the production of high impact, creative, targeted campaigns – e.g. direct mail, telemarketing and surveys. This will include copy-editing, managing suppliers, and measuring the success and cost-effectiveness of activities.
- Liaising with the business and design agencies in developing design briefs for marketing collateral, including
adverts, corporate & service line brochures, flyers, e-marketing, etc.
- Communicate with existing and potential customers (inbound and outbound) on email, phone and in person. Build and enhance relationships and understanding of existing customer base with a view
to increasing retention and spend.
- Identify new target markets using tools including analytics, and generate actions to reach these prospective customers.
- Keep up to date with competitor and market activity and trends, sharing relevant insights and opportunities with the business, to assist in development, delivery and positioning of new products and services to new target markets.
- Engage key stakeholders at each stage of campaign, creating project plans and collaborate effectively with the business including mangers and team members to execute these.
- Collaborate with web and corporate communications teams to ensure consistency and brand alignment and deliver best in class experiences for our customers/members.
- Build strong relationships with internal team members in the business as well as outside partners.
- Proactively managing the relevant budgets to ensure good return on investment.
- Any other task that may reasonably berequired.
The Candidate: Accordingly, the following attributes and skills will be fundamental
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years all-round marketing experience in order to take responsibility for the breadth of outputs required.
- Digital marketing experience essential, including knowledge of social media and email campaign
- Must have aptitude and desire to read themselves into specialist topic areas quickly and effectively –
spotting opportunities and acting on these.
- Strong writing skills – high attention to detail.
- Experience of both formal and informal pitching preferred.
- Target-driven and results orientated.
- Customer orientated – strong service ethos.
- Must be able to work proactively and on own initiative and mange time excellently.
- Must be a real team player who is able to give and carry out instructions.
- University degree or equivalent, professional marketing qualification preferred.
- Outgoing personality, flexible, dynamic,enthusiastic and fun!