Marketing Manager – Europe & Middle East (11 Month Contract)
The Marketing Manager, Ornua Foods – Europe & Middle East, will play a pivotal and pro-active role in the development and delivery of consumer insight based, strategic brand plans and growth objectives for our brands within the region, with particular focus on Kerrygold and priority markets.
Position Title: Marketing Manager, Ornua Foods – Europe & Middle East
Location: Grattan House, Dublin, Ireland
Reporting to: Sales & Marketing Director, Ornua Foods – Europe & Middle East
Ornua Co-operative Limited (formerly known as The Irish Dairy Board or IDB) is Ireland’s largest exporter of Irish dairy products. Our core purpose is to bring quality Irish dairy products to markets around the world. Operating from 19 subsidiaries worldwide, we export to over 120 countries globally. We are the proud owners of the iconic Kerrygold brand. Our brand portfolio also includes Pilgrims Choice, Kerrygold Dubliner, Shannongold, and BEO, a popular milk powder sold in Africa.
Ornua Foods – Europe & Middle East has responsibility for the Marketing and Sales of Ornua’s portfolio of consumer brands in non-subsidiary markets across Europe as well as throughout the Middle East region. We work closely with locally based distribution partners to drive the growth of our brands across the region.
- The Marketing Manager, Ornua Foods – Europe & Middle East, will play a pivotal and pro-active role in the development and delivery of consumer insight based, strategic brand plans and growth objectives for our brands within the region, with particular focus on Kerrygold and priority markets.
- The Marketing Manager will work closely with Commercial Managers, Ornua Central Resources (Insights, Graphic Design, Packaging, Innovation and Communications) and Local Distributors in selected markets to develop and implement effective consumer & trade marketing communication, brand management and promotional initiatives, ensuring consumer relevance and a consistent, premium brand image for Kerrygold across the region.
- Lead the development & implementation of strategic brand plans in priority markets.
- Develop a deep understanding of target consumer persona, needs, habits and opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of brand and category/segment performance and opportunities using internal and external data sources.
- Develop a relevant & motivating brand proposition vis-à-vis our target consumer.
- Develop annual brand marketing plans (BMPs) that will deliver the strategic growth objectives with a robust, targeted and results-oriented programme of initiatives.
- Develop KPIs for market share, awareness, distribution and ROS.
- Develop a best-in-class digital presence with initial focus on website optimisation and a compelling social media programme to engage with our target consumer.
- Lead the efficient, cost effective and timely execution of integrated marketing initiatives.
- Construct and manage A&P Budgets in conjunction with Commercial Managers and local Distribution Partners, ensuring optimal allocation, monitoring and control. Establish key marketing ROI metrics to establish effectiveness of programmes in key markets.
- In co-operation with Ornua’s Central Consumer Insights Team, drive the implementation of consumer research projects to maximise the connection with target consumers.
- In conjunction with Ornua’s Central Packaging & Design Team, drive the optimisation and pooling of multilingual, pan-regional packaging solutions to maximise consumer impact at point of purchase minimise SKU proliferation.
- Manage the development & roll-out of pan-regional brand communication & promotion ‘toolkits’ to optimise design, production & logistical synergies.
- Work closely with agency partners to create compelling brand communication and activation programmes, which connect effectively and efficiently with our target consumers.
- Gain a clear understanding of priority markets and support local partners in driving consistency of messaging and execution.
- Ideally 10 years marketing experience (ATL & BTL) in the FMCG or comparable branded sectors, including significant international exposure.
- Excellent commercial acumen and experience of marketing brands in a competitive environment.
- Proficient in dealing with intercompany matters, importers, distributors and retailers, preferably at international level.
- Excellent creative, communication, presentation, influencing and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail with an ability to think strategically.
- A pro-active, energetic team player with a flexibility to travel internationally (extensive travel may be required).
- Degree educated or equivalent qualification in Marketing, Business Studies, Food Business/Science or a related discipline.
- Fluency in a foreign language could be an advantage.