Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.Background And Role Summary
- This is a dynamic and varied role supporting the full range of marketing activities of the various business lines in Ireland. Key attributes include an ability to manage a number of priorities/projects simultaneously, an eye for detail and enthusiasm to learn new skills.
- The role of the Ireland Marketing Manager is to plan and execute marketing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget for the Ireland business. This includes acquiring resources, harnessing, coordinating and managing support from the Global Marketing team and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver integrated projects according to plan.
- Working closely with the head of marketing offshore, the Ireland Marketing Manager will assist in developing a marketing strategy for Ireland (closely aligned to the global strategy) and will oversee and report back to the business, and the head of marketing offshore, regularly on the execution and performance of the strategy.
- The Ireland Marketing Manager will be required to initiate and foster strong relationships with all marketing team members, across all channels (e.g. creative, internal communications, PR, events, editorial), and vendors (both internal and external). They will need to work both independently on large-scope projects, but also as a team member supporting other Marketing and Account Managers,
- It’s imperative that the Ireland Marketing Manager has excellent stakeholder management skills, including excellent organizational and communication/writing skills, and will be required to regularly meet and present to senior stakeholders regarding marketing initiatives. The successful candidate will also have experience with project management and good technical skills (including but not limited to Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint). Past experience with strategy planning, execution and knowledge of the financial services industry, is preferred.
- The Ireland Marketing Manager should have experience in working in a global organization with matrix reporting structures and be a strong and collaborative team player. The role may also require flexible working hours, dependent on project deliverables.
ResponsibilitiesAt a strategic level the Ireland Marketing Manager is responsible for the following:
- Organising and managing employee and client events at our 6 office locations in Ireland and selected external venues
- Supporting PR activity, including organising and managing photo calls and press briefings
- Supporting our social media programmes
- Working with stakeholders in each business location to deliver their marketing requirements
- Providing support to marketing colleagues in cross-border business as the need arises
At a day to day level, the Ireland Marketing Manager will also:Event Management
- Assist in organising employee and client events from planning through to event completion: drafting invitations, managing guest lists, liaising with third party suppliers, monitoring RSVP’s etc.
- Compose social posts (LinkedIn and Twitter) prior to each event and submit to the Social Interactive team
- Act as Community Manager for the Ireland Collaborate Community. This involves maintaining the day to day running of the site, posting engaging status, creating compelling video content and holding regular competitions to increase membership of the Community
- Host “Lunch and Learn” sessions to train employees on how to use Collaborate and share best practice
- Analyze in house analytics to monitor trends and gain insights into activity on the site
- Run reports for the senior team to show how Collaborate is helping employees connect with each other and become more productive
- Present and disseminate results, both orally and in writing to the head of marketing in Ireland
- Ensure local content on State Street’s website is up to date
- Liaise with PR agency to coordinate photo shoots, photo calls, interviews and organize approval from appropriate sources in a timely manner
- Arrange advertising for both online and trade publications
- Support compilation of data for industry surveys
- Work with in house creative team with multiple client requests in terms of job details, spec, copy and due date
- Responsible for the brand toolkit, this involves looking after the use of the corporate logo or any branded material when it is used externally
- Maintain marketing literature and coordinate documentation sign off
- Support the head of marketing offshore with all employee communications requirements. This involves generating, researching and sourcing content for assets such as articles, newsletters, emails, surveys, posts, blogs, biographies etc.
- Draft input for speeches, award submissions and presentations by the senior team
- Ensure all invoices are paid in a timely manner and payment is tracked on an internal Project Management tool
- Support wide range of ad hoc requests for marketing and communications support from the business
- At least 5 years’ marketing and communications experience with a proven ability to deliver bottom line performance improvements through communications strategy, policy and plans
- Proven expertise/experience in all or some of the following disciplines: Media Relations, Communications, Events, Brand/Advertising, Editorial, Partnerships/Sponsorships
- A degree level education – preferably with a project management certification
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes
- A high level of integrity, accountability and self-motivation
- The necessary stakeholder management and influencing skills to develop and grow all of the business relationships required to deliver successful outcomes
- Past experience with strategy planning
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Drive and determination to grow in the role
- State Street Job ID: 158141
- Location: Dublin
To apply to this position, follow the “apply now” link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.