Award winning Dublin based FMCG business requires a Media Communications Co-ordinator to work within a fast paced Marketing function, a great opportunity for a self-starter, planner and communicator. Working closely with the Marketing Manager, the individual will lead on driving multiple communication strategies through various touchpoints with a focus on Press, Public Relations and also Social Media. Proven work experience in Public Relations / Press / Communications / Copywriting essential.
- Press – Put in place yearly plan for ongoing press communications to support the brand strategy and drive trading. Planning large scale nationwide brand campaigns down to local campaigns to support our 100+ sites. Develop an in-house press contact and reporting toolkit and manage rollout for UK / ROI / US.
- Public Relations – Planning high impact PR activity for key campaigns in line with Press and Social media campaigns. Maximising sponsorship projects (i.e. All Ireland Hurling Sevens) and increasing exposure of the brand. Building a bank of media contacts to enable management of public relations in-house.
- Social Media – Manage brand strategy for Social Media platforms and roll out across ROI, UK and NI. Leading and signing off on content for all group content – which will be managed in country. Developing engaging campaigns aligned with trading and brand priorities using interactive and creative content. Moderation and in depth reporting on a Senior Management level required. Includes low level content management for website.
- Event management – Lead on key company events and functions. Planning, project and budget management of company events, functions and sponsorships. Ability to lead discussions and be key liaison between Applegreen and partners on behalf of the business. Responsible for key decision making and leading cross functional project teams to ensure successful events.
- Sponsorship – Lead on sponsorship partnerships and fostering strong ties with our partners and develop future opportunities for Sponsorship deals. Lead on execution of local site sponsorship and drive engagement for sites.
- Awards – Ownership of Awards plans for wider business. Responsibility for high quality submissions and content. Strong senior stakeholder management experience necessary.
- Self-starter / strong initiative required
- Strong communication skills – both written and spoken
- Strong skills and proven experience in Press and Public relations
- Experience in writing and distributing Press releases / editorial content etc. beneficial.
- Copywriting skills neccessary
- Competency in Marketing planning (90 day planning etc)
- Strong Social Media experience and knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and any digital platforms for managing social media.
- Strong skills in stakeholder and partnership management
- Event planning experience beneficial.
- Proven proficiency in budget management
- Third Level qualification an advantage in Marketing, Public Relations or similar
- Proven work experience of a minimum 3 years within a similar communications / marketing role essential.