Mental Health Ireland (MHI) is a national voluntary organisation with a network of Mental Health Associations (MHAs) active throughout the country. Mental Health Ireland aims to promote positive mental health through education, training and awareness raising and to support persons who experience mental health difficulties, their families and significant others through the activities of Mental Health Associations’ and national advocacy.
Working as a member of Mental Health Ireland’s head office Team, this position offers an opportunity to work closely with our Head of Communications and Fundraising and make a real contribution to the development of Mental Health Ireland’s Communications and Fundraising programmes.
The successful candidate should have a passion for digital marketing and/or fundraising. They should be organised, creative and have the ability to work independently with great attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be expected to have:
- Two years’ experience working in communications, marketing or fundraising position.
- A third level qualification in Digital Media, Marketing or Communications.
- Expertise in the social media landscape and the creation and publication of content including film, photographic and written.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to access information accurately, quickly and strategically.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Experience with managing Mailchimp and similar email newsletter tools.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Solid understanding of SEO.
- Adwords campaign set up and management
- Excellent knowledge of optimisation techniques for social campaigns.
- Keen eye for design and ability to create and edit images for online and offline use.
- A passion for and experience in fundraising across online, community and events.
The Communications and Fundraising Officer will have responsibility for:
- Development and management of weekly/ monthly/ annual content calendar across online platforms including social media, website and newsletter.
- Content creation including photographic, video and written content for all online platforms as above.
- Social media monitoring with proactive and reactive responses on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Building awareness across social at peak times of the year/ times of the week.
- Growing followers on social media platforms and newsletter
- Assisting in the implementation of the communications and fundraising strategy.
- Managing inbound lead generation campaigns using SEO and paid media to drive inbound leads.
- Preparation of return on investment reports throughout the year.
- Media list maintenance.
- Supporting with Annual Report creation including content, liaising with design agency and delivery on timelines.
- Storytelling – generating content from our supporters for our platforms.
- Event management support for a number of projects/ events.
- Fundraising database maintenance and management.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with online and community fundraisers via email, face to face and phone.
- Developing and posting content via Mailchimp to our subscribers
- Thanking people – we do that a lot here in many ways!
- Managing online fundraising platforms including EverydayHero and Facebook.
- Supporting community fundraisers with promotional material, social media support and fundraising kits.
- Helping increase donor participation rates.
- Maintaining accurate reports on giving and produce reports throughout the year on fundraised income including
- Return on Investment.
- Developing innovative ideas to help Mental Health Ireland increase awareness levels.
Conditions of employment
The Communications and Fundraising Officer will be based at Head Office in Glasthule in Co Dublin.
This post is a two-year contract. The position is based on a 5-day week (37 hours), exclusive of lunch hours.
The salary for this post is at point 5 in Grade IV, HSE – €32,000
For further information you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the role please email email@example.com
Closing date: 5th September at 5pm
Interviews: Will take place between 20th – 26th September.