This role offers an exciting opportunity to make your mark in a leading national charity and contribute positively to growing the charity’s brand. The role offers great variety and a broad exposure to a diverse range of campaigns and audiences. Through good organisation, ideas and delivery, you will play a vital role in generating awareness of key messages to benefit the health of the nation. The communications team is an integral part of the Foundation and we’re looking for a candidate who shares an interest in our goals, has a passion for delivering good content with a user focus and thrives on finding the best communications solutions.
- Support the Communications Manager to ensure successful outcomes for campaign delivery and to drive the Foundation’s brand both internally and externally.
- Working collaboratively with all IHF teams to deliver the best communications solutions to meet campaign objectives and deliver measurable impact.
- Responsible for the delivery of IHF public relations activity to secure media coverage, handle media liaison and develop media relationships both nationally and regionally
- Take ownership of writing and distributing press releases for the Foundation
- Event management support and delivery including photocalls, media briefings, sourcing props and venues
- Agency liaison as it occurs
- Relationship management support with key ambassadors, case studies and with key spokespersons both medical and lay
- Marketing materials creation including proofing, branding, editing, printing
- Content creation and idea generation to support new and existing campaigns
- Contact management on database and mailing list preparation
- General administration (purchase orders, powerpoint preparation, media evaluation reports)
- Attend IHF team meetings and undertake appropriate staff development and training opportunities as agreed with the line manager.
- Represent communications team at meetings as required and feedback to line manager
- Digital content support as required
- The successful candidate is expected to be flexible in this role and carry out other duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
- A relevant third level qualification
- 2 years PR and communications experience
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills, strong English grammar
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Excellent proofing skills, attention to detail is important
- Good numeracy
- Ability to work as a team as well as autonomously.
- Ability to work across multiple campaigns
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office – excel, word, power point
- Good understanding of social media and other digital channels
- An understanding of a relational database is advantageous
- Technically proficient with the ability to learn new skills quickly
The Irish Heart Foundation has a no smoking policy. Employees are not permitted to smoke whilst undertaking any duties on behalf of the Foundation.