Product and Marketing Intern
We are seeking an enthusiastic candidate with skills in travel product, operations and marketing for a six month internship in our bright and luxury new office in Dublin 6. The successful internship candidate will get really good exposure to the real life running of a luxury travel business featuring destinations throughout the world. You must be interested in travel product, travel marketing and operations. As a young business with a team of just eight people, growing to ten in September, everyone is very “hands on” so you must be prepared to flexible and to immerse yourself in the different aspects of the business! Additional useful skills will include the ability to work with imagery, social media and digital marketing. Candidates must have English as a fluent or very near fluent language. Destination knowledge worldwide is an advantage.
Work will include liaising with travel suppliers abroad to select relevant travel experiences to feature in our marketing. Work on customer documentation, customer quotes to assist the sales team, working on supplier payments and reporting, working on customer events and a whole variety of other tasks will also be included.
Day to day responsibilities of the successful candidate will include the following and lots more:
- Assist the Marketing manager to write descriptions of travel experiences for use on our website, through email newsletter, social etc – designed to inspire OROKO customers to pick up the phone to speak with one of our Travel Specialists.
- Working with colleagues and supplier partners to build and develop the OROKO image bank.
- Working with the new OROKO booking software to upload and describe various travel elements, destinations, services etc.
- Assisting through the development stage of the OROKO eCRM tool working on sample email creation, and learning about eCRM
- Assisting the Head of Operations with the creation of travel quotes for customers.
- Assisting at customer events with event management and meet and greet.
- An upbeat, always positive can-do attitude is paramount.
- A natural eye for imagery and design.
- Some experience or education on relevant graphic design software such as InDesign, photoshop and standard video editing tools.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers abroad.
- Ability to understand and to work with product suppliers and pricing.
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- A passion for travel imagery.
- General computer literacy.
What do we offer
- €600 per month payment towards your cost of living.
- Excellent real world exposure to the marketing function of a busy luxury travel business with autonomy to carry out an important role in the building of our business.
- Comprehensive product and systems training and a commitment to ongoing mentoring and training in your role from our heavily experienced executive team.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement. Our policy is to fill full time positions in our product and marketing team from within as we grow.
- Our bright luxury office located in Dublin 6, reflecting the OROKO brand – Out Of The Ordinary.
This is a full-time role Monday to Friday 9 am to 5.30 pm.