Sales and Marketing Manager
An Exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly driven Sales & Marketing Manager at this 4* Multi Award winning hotel located in Ballyliffin, Co.Donegal.
As Sales & Marketing Manager you will be leading a team to actively convert wedding enquiries into confirmed sales. You will pro-actively identify customer needs and provide solutions to match them and effectively communicate with clients throughout the booking process to ensure full understanding and management of client requirements and identification of further opportunities.
They are looking for someone with a great personality to share their passion for the hospitality industry and someone who has the ability to motivate and inspire their team in order to generate further business for the hotel. You will be working in a busy environment which requires a consistency in customer service, flexibility and being able to work well under pressure. You must have experience in events, ideally in a hotel/wedding/conference environment.
If you are a proven Events Sales Manager looking for new challenges in an exciting hotel and believe you have the passion and vision to help drive the business forward, this could be the role for you.
Education and Experience
- Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
- 1 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major;
- 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- College degree.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising a team.
- Lodging sales experience.
- Hotel industry work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Manages the development of a strategic plan.
- Manages the property’s reactive and proactive sales efforts.
- Determines and develops marketing communication activities, in conjunction with the management and ultimately directors.
- Provides customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Attends strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Suggests innovative marketing ideas and develops deployment strategies to continue to grow market share. With a focus on realignment from print to digital media
- Serves as the sales contact for the property leadership team.
- Serves as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate.
- Serves as hotel authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
- Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Identifies public relations opportunities and coordinates activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
- Executes and supports the Ballyliffin Lodge’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence)
- Implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner
- Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotel’s’ sales objectives.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develops strong partnerships with local organizations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Develops strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Develops sales goals and strategies and verifies alignment with the brand business strategy.
- Executes the sales strategy in order to meet individual booking goals for both self and directors.
- Coaches leaders of revenue generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance.
- Partners with Human Resources to attract, develop and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market.
- Creates effective structures, processes, jobs and performance management systems are in place.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports
- Forecasts talent needs and manages talent acquisition strategy with Human Resources (HR) to minimize lost time due to turnover
- Transfers functional knowledge and develops group sales skills of other discipline managers.
- Provides day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Manages the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.