Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Senior Copywriter, Novartis, Dublin.
Novartis is currently recruiting for a Senior Copywriter to join the Dublin team.
To be an integral part of a comprehensive, creative team including Art Directors, Graphic & Digital Designers, Editorial, QC and Account Managers to deliver outstanding creative solutions and pharma marketing initiatives by creating relevant and engaging content for print and digital media in a style and tone that conforms to specific branding.
To take a leading role in all aspects of producing creative copy of the highest standards. Working alongside Art Directors on client briefs to conceive, develop and produce effective copy for projects and marketing campaigns.
Working with Art Directors to develop strategies, concepts, idea’s and tone of voice for campaigns. Ability to lead creative teams in brainstorming/conceptualization sessions, developing solid rational behind concepts
Responsible for the technical development of copy/content, for Novartis specialty products portfolio, that conforms to regulatory standards for promotional materials and medical information
To actively provide a high degree of creative flair, a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines and a focus on quality output
• Working alongside Art Directors on client briefs to conceive, develop and produce effective copy for projects and marketing campaigns. Responsible for overall tone of voice, message and ability to articulate rational
• Working with Art Director/Senior Designers interpreting client’s business needs and developing a content to suit their purpose
• Thinking creatively to produce new ideas, concepts and tone of voice
• Development of content for Print/Digital Promotional Materials across Novartis brands & franchises keeping in line with specific regulatory requirements
• Deep brand/franchise knowledge, acting as content guardian on allocated clients/brands. Understanding the brand needs and developing long & short form copy that resonates with the patient population across a variety of diverse countries
• Working efficiently as part of a team with Art Directors, Designers, Editorial, Marketing Specialists and external agencies
• Developing content for digital services/promotional materials (e.g. iPad-based selling aids and applications) supporting specialty products such as Lucentis™, Gilenya™, Diovan™, Exforge™ and Xolair™
• Writing original copy for a wide range communication platforms (marketing, pop, symposiums, presentations, internal and external communications, web content, etc.)
• Revising copy based on various stakeholders’ direction and feedback
• Using innovation to redefine a brief within the constraints of cost and time
• Estimating the time required to complete work
• Ensuring deliverables are accurate and of high quality
• Ability to work across teams and locations, identifying and bringing together right skills from overall team pool e.g. may need to pull together a team that includes Graphic Design, HTML and UX skills
• Ensures consistently high quality design output
• Works closely with vendors and clients to make sure creative is in line with brief & budgets
• Good quality of mechanics on one’s own writing
• Editing experience a plus
• Experience with style guides (AP, AMA, etc.) a plus; compliance with recognized standards and practices
• High level of quality control on all deliverable s and services
Novartis provides innovative healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis offers a diversified portfolio to best meet these needs: innovative medicines, eye care and cost-saving generic pharmaceuticals. Novartis is the only global company with leading positions in these areas. In 2015, the Group achieved net sales of USD 49.4 billion, while R&D throughout the Group amounted to approximately USD 8.9 billion (USD 8.7 billion excluding impairment and amortization charges). Novartis Group companies employ approximately 119,000 full-time-equivalent associates. Novartis products are available in more than 180 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.novartis.com
One of the first pharmaceutical companies to locate in Ireland in the 1950’s, Novartis has strong history of investing in Ireland over the last sixty years.
Novartis employs approximately over 1,600 people across 3 locations in Cork and Dublin. Novartis manufacturing and development is based in Ringaskiddy, Co Cork. Alcon, also located in Cork, is the leading manufacturer of eye care technologies. In 2013 Novartis established a Global Business Services Center in Elm Park, Dublin 4. The country pharmaceutical organisation (CPO), Novartis Pharmaceuticals, is also based in Elm Park, Dublin 4.
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
Competitive salary; Annual bonus
Pension scheme; Share scheme
Health insurance; 25 days annual leave
Flexible working arrangements
Subsidized dining facilities
Employee recognition scheme
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
Minimum requirements Requirements:
• Degree level
• Significant work experience as a copywriter, preferably in agency
+8 years’ senior copywriter
• Pharmaceutical/medical experience as a bonus
• Significant experience working with creative briefs (from ideation to execution) across complex matrix environments
• Significant experience writing clear and engaging content across a variety of communication platforms (solid portfolio required)
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons