Senior Customer Analyst
This role sits in the commercial team which is part of the Strategy, Planning and Insights team. The Senior Customer Analyst will champion customer metrics across the business and apply advanced analytical techniques to a range of business problems. The role will involve close collaboration with other analytical teams across the business to identify opportunities and provide support as necessary.
- Ownership of customer kpi’s and analytics, with responsibility for shaping a customer focused culture that utilizes data to drive business decision making
- Plan, design and develop all customer-focused data-mining techniques to drive performance management, predictive analytics, dashboards, ongoing reporting and segmentation strategies.
- Deliver analytics projects to understand emerging trends affecting performance, drive key insights, and support critical business decision making
- Understand key performance indicators that drive company results and determines how these metrics track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives
- Liaise across the organization to define customer information needs, share customer kpi’s and insights, as well as absorb cross-functional learnings that will provide business clarity and a better understanding of opportunity gaps within our customer journey and marketing
- Prepare and present findings to departmental peers, key core functional partners and management
- Support commercial team by providing advanced customer and marketing analytics for building longer-range business plans and commercial models
- Builds infrastructure to enable effective marketing and customer measurement and leading indicator insights
- Develop customer-focused predictive analytics models, commercial models and segmentation strategies
- Actively participate and take ownership of adhoc projects as they arise
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Msc degree in quantitative subject such as as statistics, computer science, economics or operations research
- Advanced SQL skills and experience working with unstructured data from multiple sources.
- 5+ year’s experience in an analytical role, preferable in a digital/e-commerce business.
- Strong commercial awareness and drive to use data to deliver tangible business outcomes.
- Strong understanding of different modelling techniques.
- Highly numerate with a strong analytical mindset and be able to understand raw data to derive insights
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced Excel
- Ability to manage multiple parallel tasks and work within project time lines.
- Ability to collaborate and optimize processes and reporting systems
- Customer obsession: You start with the customer and work backwards
- Ownership & Leadership: You take pride in what you do and ownership for finding solutions to business challenges
- Great collaboration: You work in support of the team agenda, collaborating effectively and with
respect at all levels of our organisation
- Bias towards action: You have an urgency to be first to market and takes calculated risks
- Results driven: You relentlessly focus on the key inputs to deliver the desired result
- Pace: You are able to cope with change and ambiguity. Comfortable with a ‘test and learn’
- Metrics Driven: You will be data driven in assessing performance
- Initiative: Ability to work on own initiative
- Culture fit: You are down to earth, results-focused, pragmatic, diplomatic, passionate, creative, high
energy, smart, collaborative, transparent, motivated, entrepreneurial, high integrity, commercial and