Social Media and Design Intern
The Business Improvement District
The Dun Laoghaire Business Improvement District (BID) is an initiative designed to improve Dún Laoghaire for everyone. From the local community, to businesses owners and tourists passing through, it’s our job to make sure everyone has an enjoyable, memorable time in our town.
This year alone we’re growing the Digital Dun Laoghaire Cluster in the town, are planning a technology conference, launching a co-working space and hosting a music festival. We also work closely with Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, the Dun Laoghaire Harbour Company, Special Interest Groups and the Local Businesses to improve the town for all.
The Role – Social Media & Design Intern
We’re looking for someone who eats, sleeps and breaths digital. Someone who has an eye for design and flare for writing copy.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Dun Laoghaire BID Marketing & Communications Manager, gaining real world experience in Social Media Management, Graphic Design for Brands, Content Creation & Client Account Management (you may have noticed, we’ve over 800 of them).
The ideal candidate will be available full time for 3 to 6 + months over the summer. There is no place in the world like Dun Laoghaire when the sun is shining!
The role is ideal for someone who is looking to kick start their career in Marketing / Design, and the Dun Laoghaire BID is a great place to grow you professional network.
Previous candidates have progressed into Marketing roles in both Agencies and Marketing Departments.
- Manage Dun Laoghaire BID Social Media Profiles, including Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Take and edit photos of the town for DL BID archive
- Graphic design work for BID projects
- Manage Weekly Email Newsletters & Develop Strategies for growing mailing lists
- Create Content for Newsletter & Website
- Organise, Promote & Manage events in the town
- Account Management with Local Businesses
We’re looking for a creative, fun & enthusiastic person who’s got a passion for learning and is willing to take on new challenges every day.
- A degree in Marketing, Communications or Business*
- Basic Photoshop Knowledge for Graphics Design (or online tools such as Canva)
- Interested in Photography
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Digital Native – Understanding of Content Management Systems, Facebook & Facebook Ad Manger, Mailchimp, Tweetdeck & Hootsuite
- Copywriting – Ability to write content for Email Newsletters & Website
- Ability to identify trends in the ever changing digital landscape
*We’re also very happy to meet with people who are looking for work placement while studying in third level education.
Please send a cover letter and CV by clicking the Apply button.