Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a dynamic not for profit organisation. You will be joining a small team with a large reach to young people and educators in Ireland. Over 7,000 teenagers take on the YSI Challenge BELIEVE IN IT. ACT ON IT each year and the organisation provides a busy programme of training and provincial and national events.
This position will give an amazing opportunity to a creative, energetic and skilled person who is starting out in a promising career in communications. You will be bringing your unique skills to YSI’s key stakeholders in particular young people and educators, keeping them up to date with relevant information and amplifying their voices through various social media channels. You will have some proven ability to design and develop content for different channels. You will have excellent communications skills (verbal, visual and written) and importantly, you will be an enthusiastic team player.
Reports to: Head of Programmes or assigned person
Location: Dawson Street relocating to DCU Alpha Innovation Centre, Glasnevin from November.
Duration: One year contract
Key Areas of special responsibility
- Managing organisation’s social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Monitoring YSI’s online platforms and responding maintaining consistent company voice
- Sourcing and creating interesting and relevant content for sharing across media channels
- Amplifying the voice, concerns and achievements of YSI’s youth community
- Promoting YSI among key stakeholders and harnessing social channels to build brand awareness and engagement
Branding & Design
- Creation and design of marketing / promotional / educational / digital materials as required
- Assisting in monitoring and overseeing implementation of YSI Brand guidelines by internal staff and partners of YSI
- Maintaining and updating company website as required
- Writing news articles and sourcing interesting and relevant content for publishing to website news and blog sections
- Assisting YSI’s Learning and Practice Team to generate and upload interesting resource content to support sharing of knowledge.
Some Special Projects you will be working on
- Coordinating the organisational initiative #YSIWeek
- Monitor, track, communicate and promote school activities in interesting ways
- Oversee school communications promoting #YSIWeek in alignment with larger schools communications plan
- Assisting in the monitoring, implementing and reporting of sponsor partner branding and promotion agreements
- Planning and preparation of regular interesting and relevant communications to key stakeholders such as sponsors, young people, educators
- Writing content for press releases, online newsletters and other channels related to key stakeholder communications
Event Management and Communications
- Assist with PR, Photography and Videography management at regional and national events
- Liaising with contractors on areas such as signage and visual branding requirements on behalf of YSI
- Assist with event collateral preparation, creation and design as required, e.g event programmes, guest packs, and attendee passes etc
We would like a person who has:
- 1-2 years of experience in the digital communications space
- Undergraduate degree in liberal arts or communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, design, multi-media, business and/or related fields.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills (and evidence to support these)
- Experience managing social media accounts and excellent knowledge of broader social media world.
- Ability to create and edit video content
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
- Design skills and experience in use of software packages such as photoshop and in design
- Good technical understanding and ability to master unfamiliar tools quickly
- Excellent team player and ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
- Strong self-motivational mind-set
- Genuine interest in communications, design, social media and digital trends
- Experience maintaining company website through use of a Content Management System is desirable.
- Experience using Google ad words is an advantage
- Knowledge / experience of Facebook advertising solutions is an advantage
Salary: commensurate with experience.
Apply: Please send CV along with Cover Letter and samples of written / design / social media campaign work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd September 2017.
Please note: Applications submitted without samples of work will not be considered.
About Young Social Innovators
Young Social Innovators (YSI) is a dynamic not for profit organisation.